Our no TV/Computer week turned out to be easier than I thought! Minus of course my addiction to the computer! Since we don't watch much TV anyhow it wasn't too hard, but Rachel sure did miss computer time as well. As for all of my well laid plans, those went out the window as soon as the sun started shining, which was just fine with me of course!! I love being outside, so that's what we did for the majority of the week! other fun adventures...
Jayden learning how to eat on her own. She really insists on doing this because she is stubborn and she wants to be like everyone else!
Rachel did plenty of painting!
Quite the artist I'd say...or maybe quite good at staying in the lines:)
We bought these little horse and unicorn statues for her to paint as well. If I let her, she'd do crafts all day, which I guess wouldn't be too horrible!
Jayden continuing her quest to eat like a big girl. This time she wanted a big bowl...please don't drop it!
The girls spent hours coloring, Jayden thought she was especially tricky by standing on the table. What kind of mom am I?
Jayden really did think this was a treat, but she's just soo stinkin cute!
Jayden rediscovering her love for the laundry basket!
I was able to dress up the girls in some spring clothes. Boy they're dang cute!
Jayden is quite aware of the camera and does a little pose for me whenever I get it out.
I just can't seem to get enough of her, sorry!
Our friends gave us this little slide for Jayden to use. Although she is quite capable of going on the big slide, this is a great comfort for mom.
She plays on this for hours at a time!
So, that's pretty much it. We didn't get pictures of everything, but I'm sure we read every one of Rachel's books in her collection and we ventured to the library to get even more. I was able to read every night instead of watch a movie (I don't watch any tv shows, so this wasn't a challenge for me). Books I was able to read:
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
New Moon (3rd time) by Stephanie Meyer
Love Walked in by Marisa de los Santos
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
Atonement by Ian McEwan
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy (currently reading)
The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeanette Walls (currently reading)
I loved just "being" with my kids! I'm going to miss Rachel so much when she goes to kindergarten. I know everyone else is glad for that day, but I love being a kid. We have rarely watched tv since this beloved experience, but we have been on the computer! I'm excited to do it again next year! Oh...Brett even went most of the time without tv. He wouldn't watch any when the kids were awake, so it was fabulous!!!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
No TV Report
Posted by Platteborze Possy at 2:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment