So, according to our library, this week is no TV week. We are going to try our best to apply this to our lives this week. On our agenda: trips to the library, science projects, playing outside, playing games inside, fun crafts, more focus on scripture reading and FHE: more about Family! I'm so excited, but I'm afraid I'm going to break the rules...hopefully I can resist! Along with no TV is no computer!!! no Facebook or blogging! I will be checking my email everyday though since my church calling requires that of me at this point in time, but other than that, I will abstain from computer time. In my head I'm thinking, yeah right! But we'll give it a shot and see what happens. I am looking for any suggestions on good books though! I just finished "The Girl Who Could Fly" and loved it! Now I don't know where to turn...help!!! Wish me luck! I'll post in a week!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I would suggest The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's 11 books long, I've read them twice. Robert Jordan unfortunately passed away before he could finish the last book (#12) but an LDS author has been chosen to finish the book since their writing styles are so similar. Good luck this week!!
Yeah good luck on that! Brett with NO TV? HAHAHAHA! I really dont see that happening. Let me know how that goes!
Good for you, Mama! I think we could all do with many weeks without TV, etc. It's so hard to give up though! I suggest picking up the Fablehaven series, great young adult reads, if you haven't read them yet, and there are four now, although the series isn't finished.
That's awesome! Good idea. Hope it goes well! Ciao!
Sorry to tell you- I'm sure you already know this, I am mostly anti t.v anyway so this challenge isn't much of a challenge for me. I hope that it went well enough and that everyone had a nice time spending quality time playing games, doing puzzles and just hanging out together. John is a t.v lover, but he does enjoy the creative things we do when we don't zone out in front of the boob tube!
You'll have to post how this went!
Post a Comment