Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter in rainy Seattle!

I almost had to cancel Easter! My mom was deathly sick and my brother Lance and his wife were going to her parents house and I wasn't going to cook for my kids who don't eat and my mother-in-law (sorry!). So I called Lance to tell him not come over for the Easter egg hunt (he was going to come for the hunt and leave) because Easter was canceled. He was like "What! Easter canceled?" He went on to inform me that they weren't going to her parents house because they were out of town. Thanks for telling me Lance...oops! So, 30 min. before we were supposed to be at church I rushed and rubbed the ham, prepared the glaze, got dressed and the rest is history! Happy Easter everyone! I usually don't do too much for Easter baskets, but here they are and the girls are happy! A friend of mine gave me the big bunny so I just included that with the girl's baskets. Like I'm gonna eat it? So I know the dresses are not traditional Easter colors, but I love them and don't the girls look adorable? Yes, I know my red doesn't quite match, but I didn't realize how bad it was til I took this picture! My brother took this photo of the food. You can't really tell, but that's a tangerine glazed ham with baby carrots. It was quite yummy, but I think I like just the plain brown sugar glaze better. FYI: Brett is not in any of the photos because he had to work: stinky!! The family that could make it! Time for the HUNT! Isn't Jayden adorable? She loved finding the Easter eggs!! The hiders and seekers! Angela trying to find a tricky spot! Go Jayden! Go Rachel! Jayden found the hard one but of course couldn't reach it: thanks Lance! Can we eat the candy now? Time for bed. The kiddos were pooped. We're glad we had such a fun Easter!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

I am glad you didn't cancel Easter! It looks like it was a fun day, and the girls do look adorable in their dresses!

Barlow Family said...

How fun! I love the dresses. Your girls are so cute! I'm glad you had a fun Easter!

Aunna said...

I grew up here and I can only remember a few family Easter Egg Hunts that were actually outside because it was always raining! I'm glad you didn't cancel Easter.

Unknown said...

How fun!! Your girls are so adorable.

Misty Clark said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter. The girls are getting so big and they do look adorable in their matching dresses.