Monday, November 10, 2008

Celebration with Friends!

Rachel is turning 5 on Thursday, but we celebrated early before the holidays and other crazy days got in the way! On Saturday Rachel had 15 friends come over for a dance party. They had soooo much fun, I just wish we had a bigger space for all of those kids!

Dad made Rachel a special cake for the big day: Ballet Slippers!
Rachel with her birthday crown and dancing dress on!
Started out with coloring pages until all of her friends arrived
Then we did some dancing
The kids worked up such an appetite so we had snacks!
Then of course more dancing!
Before the cake we did a little craft: Christmas ornaments, thanks to Rachel, but I forgot to get a picture!!! So here's the cake celebration!
The girls were excited just to lick the candles!
The kiddos burned off some calories by playing duck duck goose!
Time for presents (sorry for the fuzzy picture, sometimes my camera does not cooperate!)
Rachel with all of her gifts from her friends; we all had a wonderful time!

4 comments:

lblack said...

Can I hire you as a party planner for Kade's next birthday? :) Looks like the party was a hit and the kids had a blast. Did you make that cake btw? So cute!!

Torrie said...

are you kidding? did brett really make that cake? or did you help him? sorry we had to miss it, but we are looking forward to lunch on monday together!

camille said...

OMGosh, I can't believe how old she is getting. it makes me so sad, because that just means how long it REALLY has been since we have seen you guys. gosh, I am getting all teared up now, dang. anyway, happy belated birthday sweet big wonderful Rachel. I absolutely love the cake and the dancing and all the sweet pictures.

Now here's something that will blow your mind away - can you believe Trent will be getting baptized in less than 3 months!!!!!! gosh, where has the time gone?!??

Paige said...

What a perfectly wonderful party for that cute girl! Amazing cakes and how thorough with your party planning. What a lucky girl.