Thursday, October 23, 2008

A whole lot of NOTHING!

My poor blog is probably feeling neglected! But the truth is , there is nothing fun or exciting to blog about! I've been trying to focus more on the family, so I've limited Rachel and I to one play date a week and the rest of the time is spent with family. She does swim lessons twice a week and preschool 3 times a week so I don't want to pile anymore on her schedule. I want my kids to be happy and content with the simple things in life. I don't want them to feel rushed in life; I want them to enjoy it. Now I know this will get a little trickier when I have 2 kids in swim lessons and so on, but for now it's working out great. Hence, the no posting. We've been hanging out at home playing games, doing puzzles, along with many art activities and playing outside. Rachel's new favorite pastime: watching Annie. Well, not the whole thing, just the singing and dancing parts. We both try and do all the dance moves; she's actually REALLY good! She even has me lift her so she can swing her legs from side to side. It's pretty cute! Do I get any cute pictures of these moments: NO! The last event I have pictures of on my camera are of Jayden reading and my brother Dylan's moving to California party. You're probably sick of Jayden photos, so here's my brothers going away party! blah, blah, blah!!

Rachel loves her Uncle Dylan: we miss you!
Jayden loves the helmet!
Rachel, Christiana (Dylan's wife), & Dylan
Christiana & Missy: a fun crowd!
A nice photo & a funny one: we're a crazy family!
Double solitaire anyone? We also played apples to apples and battles of the sexes! (of course the girls won!) We love games; just beware! at night we get super crazy!!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on being one of the few people I know these days that doesn't over schedule their children. It takes a lot of guts to step back and go no we are doing enough and we need to just be home. You rock!

Colleen said...

The quiet days at home are so nice, and once full day school starts (as it will sooner than you know) you long for these quiet days with the kids! Good for you for embracing it! Great shots of the family, it is hard to say goodbye!

camille said...

Yes, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for a new post. and today when I checked your blog I was pleasantly surprised with a few new posts! YEAH. I know what you mean about trying to simplify things a bit. I feel like that alot, so I try to not over schedule the kids too too much. it only gets crazy bad when we over lap spring soccer with the spring baseball (so those 3 weeks are pretty crazy, lol).

anyway, I love all the pictures. we need to chat girl. I never seem to find a good chunk of time to sit down and call you. BOO. I should just call even if I only have 15 minutes, lol.

Michelle said...

Wowwie! You have been a busy blogger!!! Way to go Sarah!