Thursday, August 28, 2008

10 years marriage = no memory left!

WOW!! 10 years, are you kidding me???? I am getting old!! Brett and I had a great time for our anniversary, but it was also very interesting. We decided to spend one night (I'm a wimpy mom and can't leave Jayden) up at Semiahmoo and venture to the Birch Bay water slides. We were very excited to go and after we packed up the kids equipment and Chewie's supplies, we took them to my mom's house and started the 1 1/2 hours drive up North! We finally got to the waterpark and I decided to change into my swimsuit in the car. I hopped in the back seat and saw my toilet tree bag, but NO SUITCASE!!!!! In all the chaos with the kids and Chewie's stuff I forgot the suitcase!!!! Since this place is out in the middle of no where we decided to just drive another 30 minutes to the closest sign of life and venture to this tiny mall. How adventurous!!! A mall!!! After poking around there we went to the resort and could now check in. Aside from wearing the same clothes for two days, we did enjoy our time together. And Jayden did great with my mom so we could've done a weekend getaway. One night is NOT ENOUGH! Here are some photos of our trip...keep in mind no digital camera (in the suitcase) so I bought a disposable one...icky!!!! Brett and I having a delicious dinner at The Great Blue Heron Grill right on the golf course. It was beautiful! The food was AMAZING!!! I ordered Alaskan Halibut...cooked perfect & a huge portion!! Brett ordered the steak and said it was the best steak he's ever eaten...and he's had quite a few steaks in his time!

Here's the outside of the restaurant, so luscious and green!
This was the resort we stayed at. It's right on the water, so of course we strolled the beach. ( Those pictures were awful!)
This is me by our door to our room... we really needed privacy!
We got home and I needed one more good kiss before returning to normalcy!! Brett doesn't seem quite as enthused. He definitely needs his rest...I'm just good!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so glad you had a great time aside from leaving your bag at home. You may need to give Brett a few days off. He looks exhausted! :)

Colleen said...

Happy 10th! There is nothing like adding a little spice to an anniversary adventure...who needs clothes anyway?! Yow!

Unknown said...

You look so beautiful!! You can't be old enough to have been married for ten years!!!

And that's hilarious about leaving the suitcase. I mean to me---I'm sure it wasn't to you at the time. Hang on to your hat, because it just gets worse. One day I put some toast in the toaster and the buttered a plate. :)

Misty Clark said...

Congratulations! Shane and I just celebrated our 12th anniversary on the 28th. Crazy! Glad you guys had fun. Miss you!

Chalonn said...

All I can say is "bada-bing-bada-boom! Looks fun!

kelly said...

rob and i stayed at semiamoo for our first anniversary (15 years ago!)
his company used to manage it.
what a beautiful place!
and i LOVE that you forgot your suitcase, so funny!
(who needs clothes on an anniversary trip? =)