Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunday

This Easter was fabulous! Our family was able to hear from our church's living prophet and then spend the day with our eternal families. Who could ask for more? The girls were very excited to check out their baskets, but of course Rachel woke up first. I bought her some flash cards to help her learn the articles of faith. She was so excited that she had to read them ALL to me that very second! Jayden heard the commotion and came down to find a new church book, "I am a Child of God". She wouldn't stop saying, "look mom, I am a child of God!" Too cute! They also received a new bath towel and 3D puzzles! What a yummy breakfast: candy! This was our real breakfast: homemade cinnamon rolls from Our Best Bites! Sooo Good!!! Later that day we had family over for a super yummy meal!! I made homemade rolls from yet a gain, Our Best Bites and they super light and fluffy! I think I've found a new roll recipe! WE also had asparagus, but I forgot to set them out for the picture, darn! Our Best Bites was my hero today as I also got this yummy recipe from there! Mint brownies...sooooo yummy!!!! My family wouldn't stop eating them! The girls at their little table. They thought they were pretty special to get their own table! The family: Lance, Aunt Sherri, Grandma Taz, Dad, Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Bob! My little sweetie Jayden! Rachel was jealous and had to have her picture taken too! I don't mind! Rachel is explaining to her Uncle Lance how to have an Easter Egg hunt! Too funny! Brett had to hold VERY still for this hunt! We decided to take the hunt outside, since it wasn't raining. Gasp!! I think Lance and Grandpa Bob had more fun hiding the eggs than the girls did finding them:) Time to hunt! Eggs Galore! Everywhere! Rachel is tricky when getting her eggs. She even found the one up high!! Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Easter! What a beautiful meal you made--you are such a talented cook! And that hunt looked so fun--I loved the one on Brett's head!

dedial said...

We were talking about easter egg hunts!! In years past. I remember one at moms house when it was raining and we hunted inside!! Just not quite the same :)Looks like you guys had some good quality family time!!!