My dad came to visit last month (yes, I know I'm a slacker!!). The girls had so much fun with him! It was like a personal play date every day!! We had yummy meals every day and read, and played, and even went to the zoo! Here are some pictures of the fun! How many pictures can you upload on one post you might ask? I don't know, but there are a lot here, so beware!!
One of Rachel's favorite things to do is reading! She almost always insists on reading to us, but every now and again someone else can read to her. I have to say I'm very proud of her! She just reads so well!!
The girls also love to play with play dough!
I think Grandpa was having fun too!
And now, off to the zoo! This was Jayden's favorite: The Owl! I know you can't really see them, but she knows they're there!
Rachel's favorite: the flamingos! Why??? Because they're pink she says!
Jayden wasn't in her stroller much, she'd rather be pushing it!
Some classics: The giraffes
and zebras!
we tried to get one good family shot...but there was so much sun!! (I'm not complaining though!)
can you tell what this is? A lion on his back basking in the sun!
The girls are just too cute!
The girls were so excited they got to ride Aslan, so Rachel told me:)
Elephants are always popular with the kids too! They're my mom's favorite!
Dad with is girls!
a cute little kangaroo!!
You can't really tell, but Rachel is petting snake here...too cool!!!
Finally to the fun part! They play area:):) Rachel couldn't decide which book to read first, or should she do the puzzles?
Jayden didn't really hatch out of this egg...but it makes for a cute picture!
while waiting to go to the bathroom, Jayden and this little girl thought they would check out this log. What's so interesting in there? SNAKES!!! They loved them!
Jayden was having a blast!!
the boys just chillin! I didn't catch it, but Brett and my dad fell asleep here:):)
Rachel was ecstatic about this slide!! You can't tell from the picture, but it goes up fairly high. You have to climb up on kind of an obstacle course to get there! So cool!
Our little monkey!
Have you ever seen a monkey on an elephant?:)
Mommy and Jayden finally leaving the zoo. It was a long day, but the kids had a blast!
I love picture of Jayden with her dad and grandpa. I wish the lighting was better and my camera was better, but it's still cute! (no, this is not at the zoo, but the library. I was trying to sneak it in!)
I always love going to the zoo, but it also makes me a little sad for the animals. I know, I'm such a wimp!!
Thanks for a great visit dad!! The girls are already talking up your next one!!!:):):)
Friday, March 19, 2010
A visit from Grandpa!
Posted by Platteborze Possy at 8:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a great visit! Your girls look like they sure love their grandpa!
It looks like you had a wonderful time with your Dad! You can really tell the kids enjoyed having him around!
Post a Comment