We finally decided to take a trip to Utah...DRIVING! We did good though. Brett drove through the night and the kids slept! The quiet was very nice. We started our trip with Brett's friends the Matthews. My favorite part was Rodizio's : yummy food & all you can eat (a Brazilian grill!!! ). I also had a chance to see some friends that used to live in Seattle: the girls had fun being princesses and dancing and singing (see you soon Mindy!). The next stop was Logan to see my dad and grandpa. We also had a small family reunion, went to park city and did some swimming. On the way home we stopped at my grandma & grandpa McGill's house for dinner. They didn't want us to go but we had to leave. The best part of our adventure however was in Logan. My dad took us on an EASY 8 mile hike to a lake, or so we thought. the trail was steep, Rachel was tired and after treking the 4 miles up we wondered if we would ever get down! I had Jayden in a backpack while Brett carried Rachel piggy back while she was sleeping all the way down!! (Way to go STUD!) We were done hiking for this trip since I forgot to put sunscreen on again for the hike down. I was the only lucky one and was burned on the backs of my legs and arms. Usually my burn will be gone in the morning, but this one stayed for a week! It is just now gone!!!! Thank goodness for Aloe! All in all it was a good trip and we enjoyed seeing everyone! Now time to party it up with my big sis. who will be here for a month!! I love summer!!!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
I am glad you guys had a geat trip! sorry about the hiking stuff, but HEY,,, it is good excersise - RIGHT?!?!?!?
I wanted to, but didn't get the chance to ask you about the trip today - it was a little hectic. :) Minus the sunburn I'm glad you guys had a fun!! :)
I am glad you had such a good trip and I am glad I was able to help you out with a fun book to read!
Sounds like you had fun and I agree...Rodizio's is an amazing experience...glad you liked it! I can't believe Rachel did a hike like that too...crazy!!!
Sounds so fun. I love visiting Utah! And Rodizio is SO YUMMY!!!!! The fourth looks like it was a great day too! Glad your summer has been a good one.
you are such a brave girl!
and that hike sounds CRAZY with two little kiddos!
Sounds like a great time. You've managed to burn the front side last week. Now you will have an all-over glow! Way to go Brett for carying Rachel while sleeping on a hike.
Post a Comment