Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Day For Celebration

Mother's Day was very eventful this year! To start the celebrations, Brett and I took his Mother to our favorite breakfast place: Maltby's Cafe on Saturday morning. This was not only a fun adventure with yummy food, but there was no clean up and I could relax! Later on on the evening my Mother and I went to Olive Garden for dinner and then to a movie: "Made of Honor". Dinner was delicious (again no clean up), and the movie was cute and fun. Sunday morning we went to church and enjoyed various musical numbers (none from the primary children:( ) and then received pansies to plant at home. Mine is still in my window sill about to die. I'm not very good with plants:) Sunday evening we we went to my brother Lance's house where he made my Mother and I chicken Alfredo for dinner. Dylan and Jonathan pitched in with the clean up while Brett and Bob slacked off!!! At least I was able to relax and enjoy the evening; although I did get a little ancy not having any responsibilities! My brothers had to kick me out of the kitchen! We took 3 pictures of the family; none turned out. In each one Dylan was either tickling me or making funny faces. In this one he thought it would be funny to put his finger in my ear...Love YA! I hope all had a wonderful Mother's Day! We are blessed to have this most sacred calling in life and should be enjoying every minute of it...well almost every minute of it:):):)

4 comments:

Torrie said...

sounds like a good day!

are you going to post any pics of the girls while i was gone?
you did take pictures.. didn't you:) ~luv ya~

Paige said...

That is a lot of celebrating and a lot of eating without the clean-up part -- I love that.

Colleen said...

Fun times! Food and film, my kind of mothers' day celebration! I loved that movie, it was a goodie. Jayden is getting SO BIG!!! That is CRAZY! I miss you guys!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great Day. Hey I wanted to let you know that I am doing a combo shade showcase and Close to my heart open house on Friday June 6th. I would have sent you a formal evite but don't have contact info for you so I am petting you know you are invited. If you can make it email me at jen.shevitz@gmail.com. It would be great to see you.