Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bathroom Fiasco

The other night Rachel was supposed to be brushing he teeth and going to the bathroom: getting ready for bed. She calls me in the bathroom to help her and this is what I find. It might be hard to tell from the pictures, but that i s TOOTHPASTE all over her towel, the counters, and mirror.I stood there for about 2 minutes trying to calmly think of how I was going to handle this. I said, "Rachel, you are lucky you have a nice mom and that I don't spank you right now" That was probably not the best thing to say, but I was a little mad. I told her that she just wasted money and that next time we buy her toothpaste, it will not be the princess kind, but regular toothpaste (boring!) I then grabbed my camera and took pictures as Brett is looking at me like I was crazy. I told him this would be a great post for my blog and he laughed. We all started laughing and cleaned up the mess and went to bed. Just as a side note, the next night I asked Rachel if I needed to be in the bathroom when she brushed her and she said, " No mom. And I'm not going to put toothpaste in the sink anymore, I promise." What a sweetie!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoo boy!! that would be hard for me too. I don't think you were mean at all..just letting her know that its okay to get kind of frustrated when someone does something you don't like! What a cute bathroom!

Torrie said...

love the bathroom!
i thought it was blood, i'm glad you said it was toothpaste!

Paige said...

I'm not sure if kids' toothpaste is helpful or not. I hate the mess all over but we've never had one like that. It must have been so fun for her to sqeeze that tube all over the place. Isn't it funny that we scold but then want to take a picture for the blog?